Boost Your Mood in 4 Simple Steps
Today's 4 Tips in 40 Seconds...
When it comes to shifting your energy, what I know for sure is the stories we tell ourselves have power. Be mindful to CHOOSE a good feeling story. If you’re not feeling “in the mood” to be positive or happy, try a “mood booster.”
4 Tips on How to Boost Your Mood When You're Feeling Blah:
FIRST- RECOGNIZE that you feel blah and DECIDE you want to change that
1.. Take a DEEP BREATH, close your eyes and GET PRESENT
2. THINK of a happy memory and RECALL it in great detail
3. NOTICE the positive sensations that begin moving through your mind and body
4. SAVOR the mood boost you've created & CARRY it with you moving forward
Recalling a happy memory when you're feeling low is a gentle reminder that life ebbs and flows. You've been happy before and you can be happy again.
Once you've boosted your mood, pay attention to how this impacts the rest of your day.
- How can you show up differently to hold onto the positive sensations?
- How can you remove those obstacles that get in the way of your being happy?